THE CORUMBENE RURAL PRIMARY HEALTH PROGRAM
If you have one of the following conditions:
- circulatory and heart disease (cardiovascular disease)
- chronic lung disease (including COPD and asthma)
- musculoskeletal disorders
We will help you
- better understand and manage your health
- set realistic goals to improve your wellbeing
- access the services you to need to support you at home
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Primary Health Tasmania has commissioned Corumbene Care to deliver services that improve the health outcomes of people with chronic conditions in the following local government areas:
- Central Highlands
- Derwent Valley
- Southern Midlands
There is no age restriction to be part of this program.
Meet one of our clients and hear her story.
This video was produced by Primary Health Tasmania.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
There is no cost to register for the program. There may be some telephone costs if you use the tele-monitoring service. No one is excluded from the program because of their financial status
You may be offered equipment to monitor your condition. The nurses will be able to see your readings on a screen at Corumbene Care and address any problems that may arise. Signs we can see include blood sugar levels, temperature, blood pressure, weight and respiratory function.
HOW WILL THIS PROGRAM HELP ME?
We aim to:
- improve your overall health and wellbeing
- provide you with the knowledge and tools to better manage your condition at home
- quickly pick up changes in your health that may need a change in treatment
- reduce your need to go to hospital or the emergency department
PROGRAM CONTACT DETAILS
Clinical Care Coordinators
- Ellie O’Brien, RN
- Amanda O’Driscoll, RN
- Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30pm
How to contact us
- Telephone: 03 62617327
- Fax: 03 62611955
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
13-23 Lower Road
New Norfolk TAS 7140
PO Box 201
New Norfolk TAS 7140
DOWNLOAD A FORM
(Version for Best Practice)
(Version for Medical Director)
OUR GOAL IS TO KEEP YOU
- as independent as possible
- in your own home and local community
A TEAM APPROACH
We will work with your GP practice and other local health serices to ensure you receive the best care possible. If you need allied health services, such as a Social Worker, Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist we will help you access these services where possible. We will work alongside Diabetes Tasmania to improve the health of people with diabetes.