COVID-19 (Coronavirus)Under the Tasmanian Public Health Direction for Residential Aged Care Facilities, visits to residential aged care facilities are permitted for people providing care and support, with the following restrictions:
- All persons visiting a residential aged care facility must wear a face mask while they remain on the premises. This requirement includes children under the age of 12 years, where practicable.
- All visitors to a residential aged care facility must be either fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or have evidence of a negative COVID-19 test. The testing requirement applies to all persons, regardless of age (except for infants under the age of 28 days) and there are no exemptions for a vaccine medical contraindication.
- If you cannot provide vaccination evidence, then evidence of a negative result from a PCR COVID-19 test taken within the 72 hours prior to your visit, OR evidence of a negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) result within 24 hours prior to your visit, is required.
- Visitors must not have any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever (a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees), symptoms of fever (chills, night sweats), cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or loss of taste or smell.
- People who are in quarantine or isolation are not permitted to visit.
- Anyone who has had contact with someone known to have COVID-19, or reasonably suspected of having COVID-19, within the previous 7 days, is not permitted to visit.
- An exemption to these requirements may be provided by the Director of Public Health and the operator of the facility for visits for end of life care.
- More information can be found at the Tasmanian Government’s Coronavirus information website.
To comply with this mandatory Public Health Direction, strict screening arrangements are in place at Corumbene.
The safety of our residents and their families, our staff, volunteers, and community, remains our top priority.
Before you visit Corumbene, please check our Facebook page for the most recent up-date. If a lockdown is in place, please observe the lockdown restrictions accordingly.
Thank you for your compliance, understanding and patience.
WHERE EVERY DOOR LEADS TO WELLBEING
Welcome to Corumbene Care. Our Purpose is ‘Strengthening our communities’ health and wellbeing by delivering innovative, quality health and community services.
Corumbene residents enjoy a variety of daily activities and social groups. We believe in keeping an active mind and healthy body
and pride ourselves on delivering personalised care and providing top health professionals to cater for individual needs.
Please help us continue the work that we do by making a donation.MAKE A DONATION
HELP AT HOME
At Corumbene, we understand how important your independence is to you. Our dedicated staff can help you retain the independence of living in your own home.
Corumbene staff are instrumental in creating an environment where people can live, be involved in a range of activities and feel valued.