COVID-19 (Coronavirus)COVID-19 IMPORTANT UP-DATE:
Public Health has issued a new Direction for Residential Aged Care Facilities, and it comes into effect from 15 December 2021.
Under the updated Direction, the following will apply:
- All staff and visitors entering a residential aged care facility, except for the residents, must wear a surgical face mask while they remain on the premises. This requirement includes children under the age of 12 years, where practicable.
- All visitors to residential aged care facility must be either fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have evidence of a negative PCR test (COVID test) taken within 72 hours of the intended visit. Vaccination for visitors to an aged care residential facility is not mandatory, if a person who is not vaccinated wishes to visit a facility, they must provide evidence of a negative test result from a test that has been taken within 72 hours prior to the persons’ visit to the facility.
- The testing requirement applies to all persons, regardless of age, (except for infants under up to 1 month old) and there are no exemptions for a vaccine medical contraindication.
- An exemption may be provided in the case of end-of-life care.
- More information can be found at the Tasmanian Government’s Coronavirus information website (https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/)
New arrangements will be in place at our Reception to ensure that Corumbene complies with this mandatory Public Health Direction from Wednesday 15 December 2021.
The safety of all residents and staff is our top priority – which means that visitation after hours, on weekends and public holidays will need to be pre-arranged or allowed only in extenuating situations to allow alternative screening arrangements.
Thank you for your understanding and compliance.
WHERE EVERY DOOR LEADS TO WELLBEING
Welcome to Corumbene Care. Our Purpose is ‘Strengthening our communities’ health and wellbeing by delivering innovative, quality health and community services.
Corumbene residents enjoy a variety of daily activities and social groups. We believe in keeping an active mind and healthy body
and pride ourselves on delivering personalised care and providing top health professionals to cater for individual needs.
Please help us continue the work that we do by making a donation.MAKE A DONATION
HELP AT HOME
At Corumbene, we understand how important your independence is to you. Our dedicated staff can help you retain the independence of living in your own home.
Corumbene staff are instrumental in creating an environment where people can live, be involved in a range of activities and feel valued.